[MPWG] Traditional Allelopathic Knowledge

pankaj oudhia pankajoudhia at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 9 03:08:34 CDT 2004

Greetings to the Group,

    As you know ,with the help of Allelopathy science the effect of one plant on another can be explained easily.In Chhattisgarh,India I am documenting the traditional allelopathic knowledge about herbs.The traditional healers apply certain leachate and extracts on herbs few days before its collection.According to them the application activates the medicinal contents of herbs and makes them medicinally rich.Our farmers apply specific leachate to repel away the insects and to manage the fungal diseases.All this knowledge is still undocumented .I am trying to document it.

>From the group ,I want to know about the research going in same direction in their countries and regions.I am also needing the research group ready to conduct these research experiments in systematic ways for its scientific explaination.

I am waiting for your comments and suggestions.

regards

Pankaj Oudhia
http://www.pankajoudhia.com