[MPWG] MPWG Member e-Directory

Plant Conservation plant at plantconservation.org
Tue Mar 30 11:03:53 CST 2004

MPWG Member e-Directory

Our membership includes a fascinating assortment of people!  Problem is,
most of you don't know it.

In order to facilitate better communication amongst members, we are
devising a  searchable electronic membership directory.  This way, people
with similar interests or backgrounds can find and connect with each other
directly.

Here's the cool part - you will be able to search on various fields - for
example, if you want to find out which members live in California, you
will be able to search on that.  For an example of what it might look
like, see this link <http://www.ser.org/work.php?pg=restorationexpertise>.
Click on "search the directory."

If you are interested in being in this directory, please fill in the
following information and send it to <plant at plantconservation.org>.   We
ask that you please provide at least your name and some form of contact
information (i.e. e-mail, phone number, or address).  Any other
information you wish to include is optional; you may leave the space blank
if you wish.   Remember, the more information you include, the more useful
the directory will be.

title
first and last name
tribal or other affiliation/institution
job position
department
mailing address (include zip code and country)
telephone number
cellular phone number
e-mail
fax number
website
languages spoken
educational information (i.e. institution name, degrees)
associations (include positions, if any)
publications
expertise and specialties
medicinal plant interests
current or interested member of MPWG Committee(s) - conservation,
sustainable production, industry, Elder's circle, ethnobotany, finance
other PCA affiliations - NGO committee, Alien Plant Working Group,
Restoration Working Group

The power of the directory is in your hands.  The more responses we get,
the more robust the directory.  Stay tuned for an update in the near
future to announce the directory's activation!

Sincerely,

The MPWG Executive Committee
		Patricia De Angelis, MPWG Chair
		Beth De Carolis, Finance Committee Chair
		Trish Flaster, Conservation Committee Chair
		Edward Fletcher, Sustainable Production Committee Chair
		Michael McGuffin, Industry Committee Chair
		Leon Secatero, Elder's Circle Chair