[MPWG] Food for thought! Sustainable use - a farce?

Center for Sustainable Resources sustainableresources at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 8 09:35:53 CDT 2004

Patricia, This is a good article. This will rage on for a while. I think it
is good because it is an example of political attachment to serious issues
in action. While the content is not very clear and it is unclear as to
reference in the article what exactly is this persons position it does not
seem to matter.
The underlying theme is political. It could be read ,"OK this sustainable
thing has backfired because the cultures we wanted to destroy have taken it
on".
It goes back to the difference between irbin civilation and rural
civilation. It is the irbin folks who have the problem with being
sustainable because they are not. Rural civilation takes care of that
culture without reward and irbin culture has painted the picture that it is
rural folks who beed to worry about this. It is the biggest myth of all
because they can not take care of themselves. If they can not get what they
need here for the price they want they simply rape other third world
cultures with such things as contracts for using genetically modified seeds.
Irbin civilation needs us. We don't need them. All things of value that
really matter are those things which sustain life. It comes down to
resources produced from the sun.
If farmers of natural resources of all types ever get together and stop
allowing USDA to manipulate them with shallow little cost share programs and
such this will quickly come to light. You can't hold people down forever
here or anywhere else. This is really what the wars in the middle east are
about. It is not a matter of oil or religion but a matter of resentment
about a wasteful greedy culture. They are not at war with hardworking
farmers but with this wasteful urbin culture which patronizes evry other
person on the planet. An oil based agriculture and natural resource system
is not sustainable but that is what you depend upon. Roudup is just another
part of that system of reduction.
No it is not just about animals, it is about politics and the lack of
sustainability on the part of a guilty culture.
Your planned research by this Mr MgGraw is just another part of that. You
don't want people to succeed with the ginseng industry so you set out to
have someone prove that planting ginseng may be adverse to a natural
population. The problem here is that you have no way of identifying a
natural population unless you can do time travel and go back three hundred
years to get your gentetic code samples. What would this accomplish anyway?
It is just another attack rural culture veiled in the name of natural
resources. If the writer of this article believes that the "wise use of
natural resources" is a bad thing then he needs to be the first to stop
using them.
Fred Hays