[MPWG] Invasives

Cafesombra at aol.com Cafesombra at aol.com
Fri Jul 2 16:33:30 CDT 2004

FYI.  I thought perhaps some on the list would be interested in this guide,
also, its format sounds very practical.
I'm afraid this is sort of off-topic in regard to invasives where there is
harvestable medicine, unless of course you are a wildcrafter, as I am.
posted by  Jennifer Chesworth
************************************
The Pennsylvania Field Guide -Common Invasive Plants in Riparian
Areas describes twenty-four of the most significant invasive plants,
vines, shrubs and trees in Pennsylvania. The waterproof guide was
written and designed for use by volunteers in the field to positively
identify invasive plants targeted for removal. Each plant listing
includes a color photo for easy identification, plus a black and
white drawing.  Leaf, flower and seed information is offered in an
easy to read format, allowing for quick identification. Control
options specific to each plant are included. Look-alike plant
information is given to avoid volunteers pulling desirable plants
that closely resemble the invasives.

Printed copies of the field guide may be ordered by contacting the
Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, Bureau of
Watershed Conservation at 717-772-5807 or through the DEP website at
www.dep.state.pa.us .  In mid-July, the publication will be online at
the DEP website and at the Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay website:
www.alliancechesbay.org, (choose publications).

*************end of forwarded message************************

The Pennsylvania Biodiversity Listserve is intended to promote
discussion of biodiversity issues in the state.  It is moderated by
the Pennsylvania Biodiversity Partnership (PBP) following guidelines
posted at http://www.pabiodiversity.org/listserve.html.  The opinions
expressed in messages are those of the authors and NOT the PBP.  To
unsubscribe, send the message UNSUBSCRIBE PABIODIV to
majordomo at webmail.upb.pitt.edu.