[MPWG] manipulate those triggers

Ivor Hughes Herbworks1 at xtra.co.nz
Wed Jan 7 00:34:25 CST 2004

" Secondly, once we learn more about our "programming" we can learn to put
systems in place that manipulate those triggers, which can change behavior
patterns in a way that will safeguard resources for sustainability. Once
these triggers are known, THEN government intervention can implement systems that coincide with our natural behavioral tendencies "

The foregoing is a cut and paste from Vol 5 Issue 11.

I was under the impression that such mind control systems are already in place. The acronym for the system is ACS (Advertising - Cupidity - Stupidity) that seems to fit the current situation. Further those responsible have already figured out our natural behavioral tendencies.

This conservation business starts to look like the big spam scam. 1 piece of legislation would have done it all. Make it illegal to use such methods for marketing, those companies that offend can then be dealt with in a punitive manner to the benefit of the tax payer.

Instead what we have is a multi million firewall and virus programme market linked to the ISP,s who now scan all mail for spam ( read terrorists) and hand the results over to the first enforcement agency that asks for them. We still have the spam and we have lost another freedom. Cui Bono ?

Prior to emigrating to NZ I ran a small European herb business. My purchases averaged about 190 metric tonnes of crude drugs per annum. From that I had 120 individual products. Approximately 25% of those products accounted for 160 metric tonnes of the total inventory.

So deciding which items were to be included in the following years inventory was rather like betting on race horses. One must study form. Some herbs never go out of fashion. The top 30 were racing certainties, and figured year after year. As for the rest it was rather like the top twenty music chart,one is able to watch the money changing places.

When a market demand for a herb is such, that a shortage ensues, the demand drives up the market price, then invariably the grower will step in to follow the trend. Boom bust .. Boom bust, this until the growers who are surplus to demand are weeded out (pardon the pun) and the market settles down.

So let us return to ACS .... the only people that can afford to advertise to such an extent, that a shortage ensues, is Big Pharmageddon and Baby Pharmageddon. They are both pill merchants not herb merchants. Yet between them they account for the bulk of the herb sales in developed countries.

Big Pharmageddon recently gave the Australian and New Zealand Baby Pharmageddon a heavy legal spanking. The official line of course is that it was all about public safety ... Given the public record of the Pharmaceutical Industry and their shonky*  clinical trials and hundreds of thousands of deaths ... one may clearly see why they lost 50% of the market to Baby pharmageddon. Safety ?? I think not, money is the motive ... The people are the ones that have had their freedom restricted and the right to medicate themselves as they deem fit. Cui Bono ?

Circa 2 decades ago, many governments who followed the pied piper of free trade .. got out of Scientific research and Education and threw the scientists and academics into the real world, and told them to get on with it. They did .. they jumped into bed with big business. Cui Bono ?

Just from the top of my head .. Chapparal, Comfrey, Kava, Ephedra. All banned ... Echinacea will be next herb for the same treatment, because the Echinacea market represents a lot of money. The manner in which it is done. The evidence so crude that a baby could pick the holes in the lies. The American FDA and the British CSM ... Public safety ? I think not. Corporate profit ? Oh yes that one fits very well.

At the top of the social pyramid is a triad ... Big business, Science and Academia and the Politicians. That is the tail that is wagging the social body for the benefit of the tail. Those are the ones that are manipulating the social triggers.

So I guess the Mortgage and Fifi,s next appointment at the poodle parlour must take priority .. we must not expect anything to change real soon ... after all, it took 50 years for the triad to reduce the world to a mess. We should also remember all of those honest academics and scientists who have been ruined for blowing the whistle. They have understood the reality of accepting Pharmaceutical money.

No I do not believe the herbal conservation scam .. but I do believe a lot of people are having their triggers (read wallet/purse) manipulated.

*Shonky .... Oceanic slang which means of dubious honesty or integrity.

Ivor Hughes
www.herbdatanz.com