[MPWG] ListServe discussions

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Mon Jan 5 12:54:35 CST 2004

Happy New Year!

Over the last half of 2003, I have paid particular attention to the content
and activity on the listserve.  As Chair, it is incumbent upon me to meet
the needs and address the concerns of our entire membership.  The issue of
listserve discussions has been a struggle for me.

Personally, I have enjoyed the recent activity on the listserve.  To me,
the listserve is a medium for discussion about issues that I may not have
initiated but about which I am interested.  I would hate to have missed out
on the psoriasis and dental infection discussions.

At that same time, I understand that downloading numerous e-mails may be
onerous (for various reasons) and I apologize to listserve members who may
experience difficulties from this.   For this reason, I would like to
reiterate the suggestion to respond concisely to the group and save
personal items for individuals.

I am open to pursuing other options that will allow MPWG members to stay
up-to-date without burdening them with a plethora of e-mails.  If you have
any suggestions or specific concerns, please feel free to e-mail me
directly at: <Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov>

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 750
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276

                      "Niki Telkes"
                      <texas_herbalist at hotmail.com>         To:      MPWG at lists.plantconservation.org
                      Sent by:                              cc:
                      MPWG-bounces at lists.plantconse         Subject: Re: [MPWG] dental infection
                      rvation.org

                      01/05/2004 01:18 PM
                      Please respond to PCA's
                      Medicinal Plant Working Group
                      List

I agree, sharing info about the modern day use of medicinals by different
practitioners from around the world is very interesting to me.  It's the
only discussion I have kept up with and you can always hit the delte key if

you're not interested-which is what I do.
Thanks for everyone's opinions.
Niki Telkes