[MPWG] Healthcare Garden Design

Cafesombra at aol.com Cafesombra at aol.com
Fri Nov 14 15:24:08 CST 2003

Hello,
This announcement looks as though it is about the therapuetic benefits of
spending time IN a garden ("therapuetic garden facilities" they are calling it)
which would be much like Feng Shui I imagine, rather than gardening with
medicinals as you suggest.  (Actually there are some of us who are involved in
commercial production of herbs and herbal medicines from field to consumer, it's
called "herbalism"  <grin> )
Just looking for some clarity here, as "gardening with medicinals" and
"therapuetic design" would be entirely different except where aromatic character of
living plants and/or the more illusive "plant spirit communication" health
benefits are considered.
Best, Jennifer Chesworth

In a message dated 11/14/2003 1:55:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov writes:
>>Several of you have expressed an interest in gardening with medicinals.  I
understand there is an entire profession devoted to such endeavors (the
name of which I do not recall!).  For the do-it-yourselfers in our group,
the following information may be of interest to you.<<