[MPWG] Healthcare Garden Design

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Fri Nov 14 12:56:11 CST 2003

Several of you have expressed an interest in gardening with medicinals.  I
understand there is an entire profession devoted to such endeavors (the
name of which I do not recall!).  For the do-it-yourselfers in our group,
the following information may be of interest to you.

Sincerely,
Patricia

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 750
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276

- - - - -

The School of the Chicago Botanic Garden offers the innovative Healthcare
Garden Design program again in 2004.  This multi-disciplinary professional
development opportunity for healthcare and landscape architects, garden
designers, healthcare executives and caregivers focuses on the design,
management, evaluation and marketing of indoor and outdoor therapeutic
garden facilities.  Learn to use evidence-based design and the latest
research to provide verifiable health benefits to patients, clients, staff
and visitors. Dates: February 23-27 and October 4-8, 2004 (10-day, two-part
program).

Contact:  Wayne Becker, PhD.
Ph: (847) 835-8293 Fax: (847) 835-8292
E-mail: wbecker at chicagobotanic.org