[MPWG] ginkgo horticulture

Eric P. Burkhart epb6 at psu.edu
Mon Dec 1 15:34:36 CST 2003

Greetings All:

I presently have a student that is working on a hypothetical
agroforestry cropping system that incorporates ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba).
She has alerted me to the fact that there appears to be little published
information on ginkgo horticulture with respect to the medicinal plant
industry.  Specifically, there is little published data on average leaf
yield per tree/ per hectare, etc. and how this might be influenced by
cultural decisions.

Can anyone guide us to academic or industry literature on the subject?

Thanks so much.

Eric P. Burkhart

School of Forest Resources
7 Ferguson Building