[APWG] SAVE THE DATE // Plant Conservation Alliance e-Meeting (Mar. 8; 2-4pm ET), with invited speaker Dr. Tanisha Williams, Bucknell University

Krone, Elizabeth C elizabeth_krone at fws.gov
Tue Feb 14 15:25:11 CST 2023

Please save the date for our second Plant Conservation Alliance general meeting for the year 2023! Held remotely and open to all -- on Wednesday, March 8, 2023, from 2:00 - 4:00 pm ET. Join us in welcoming Dr. Tanisha Williams, Postdoctoral Fellow in Botany, Bucknell University

***PLEASE RSVP TO ATTEND THIS MEETING – SEE BELOW***

Presentation Topic: Protecting rare and endangered plants through university and governmental partnerships

About our Speaker:

Tanisha M. Williams is the Richard E. and Yvonne Smith Postdoctoral Fellow in Botany at Bucknell University. Her dissertation research examined the impacts of climate change on plant species throughout South Africa. Her postdoctoral research elucidates the role Aboriginal Peoples have on the movement and maintenance of plant species and understanding how biogeographic barriers impact species distributions in Australia. She also uses genomics methods to update the conservation status of rare plants. Dr. Williams has extensive science communication and policy experience and is the founder of Black Botanists Week, a campaign to amplify diverse voices in botany. Dr. Williams completed her Ph.D. in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at the University of Connecticut in 2019.

***TO ATTEND THIS MEETING, PLEASE***

RSVP by COB Monday, March 6 to elizabeth_krone at fws.gov

The meeting login details will be shared with all respondents via email by Tuesday, March 7.

This meeting will be hosted using Microsoft Teams. You will be able to join the meeting from the web or via the Microsoft Teams app