[APWG] Positive interactions between native and non-native species

Karen Blumer growingwild at optonline.net
Thu May 26 14:24:53 CDT 2011

Interesting project. Field observations of return of total native
prairie underneath a sea of invasive mugwort on Long Island, New York,
which had taken over sizable areas of rare oak-brush pine plains owned
by NYS Dept of Environmental Conservation. Tracking but no research
per se yet, however it would be interesting to compare the vigor of
all those naturally emerging species which are apparently outcompeting
mugwort with same native species in the local area growing in intact
native ecosystem.

Karen

Karen Blumer
Ecologist