[APWG] What about native grass and herbaceous perennial colonizers?

Ty Harrison tyju at xmission.com
Fri Aug 19 01:53:27 CDT 2011

I agree with Craig regarding seeding native  perennial forest grasses and
forbs after exotic removal to lessen re-establishment of exotics of all
kinds.  I was interested in the utility of native Elymus species in weed
suppression.  I have notes here in northern Utah that Elymus glaucus is an
important understory species in our Quercus gambellii stands and may help
exclude exotic annuals by allelopathy.  I would appreciate published
references on allelopathic chemicals in native Elymus species.  Ty Harrison