[APWG] Miscanthus sinensis locations 2010

L Quinn lquinn at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 16 15:19:18 CDT 2010

Dear list (apologies for cross-postings),

I sent a message out last year asking for locations of invasive Miscanthus sinensis populations, and got some great leads! I'm asking again this year in the hopes that I'll be able to sample an even larger array of sites.

Here's what I'm looking for: large (0.5+ ha) naturalized populations, varying in density (several hundred to several hundred thousand plants). To match the other sites that I'll visit this year, new populations should be in relatively undisturbed or "natural" areas (not immediately adjacent to major highways, for example. But pastures, recent clear-cuts, abandoned lots, etc are OK and "natural" enough for my purposes).

If you know of sites like these and can help me get permission to enter (I'm planning to show up in early-mid August), I would very much appreciate the information!!

Finally, yes, I am aware of this website (very useful, by the way): http://www.eddmaps.org/

Thanks very much,

Lauren

Lauren Quinn, Ph.D.