[APWG] Herbicides--why not convert to natural allelochemicals?

Craig Dremann - Redwood City Seed Company Craig at astreet.com
Fri Sep 25 11:44:58 CDT 2009

Dear All,

Instead of any controversy about the use of commercial herbicides in
wildlands, why don't we all start to convert to the use of natural plant
herbicides, called allelochemicals?

If we start looking for the most effective ones now, we could have a group
of natural plant-based herbicides to use, some so strong that they remain
effective for up to two years, against annual grasses like cheatgrass, for
example.

Why should we wait for USDA or Monsanto to invent these new natural
herbicides for us?

I think a group of these email readers, who need a safe and effective
natural herbicide, with an annual grant from the Federal government, could
find some of these effective natural allelochemical herbicides for the
rest of us to use.

Sincerely,  Craig Dremann (650) 325-7333