[APWG] microstegium management

S. Luke Flory sflory at indiana.edu
Mon Feb 16 11:25:06 CST 2009

Hi Marc,

This sounds interesting - have you published it? Did you compare the
treated areas to untreated, uninvaded control plots? Or did you have
data on the community composition before the invasion? We struggled with
this issue and it is a common problem in invasion ecology studies. We
had no way to know how "restored" the native communities were but I
don't think they had fully recovered from the effects of the invasion
after two years of treatment. We didn't have pre-invasion data (which
would be confounded with time anyway) and we couldn't find uninvaded
habitats with identical environmental conditions to use as controls.....

Luke