[APWG] microstegium management

ialm at erols.com ialm at erols.com
Sun Feb 15 03:38:22 CST 2009

We found at Swann Park in Charles county, Maryland, that native plants
fully returned after 5 years to small (~0.1 acre) post-emergent treated
monocultural patches. Two years was not enough. We hand weeded where
Microstegium was mixed with natives.

Marc Imlay. Ph. D

Conservation Biologist, Anacostia Watershed Society
(301-699-6204, 301-283-0808, 301-442-5657 cell)

Vice president of the Maryland Native Plant Society
Hui o Laka at Kokee State Park, Hawaii
Board member of the Mid-Atlantic Exotic Pest Plant Council,
Chair of the Biodiversity and Habitat Stewardship Committee
for the Maryland Chapter of the Sierra Club.