[APWG] Fw: [InvasivesOhio] FW: [Members] FW: Geauga Park District: Earthworms 10/11/08

Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
Fri Oct 10 12:10:50 CDT 2008

----- Forwarded by Jil Swearingen/NCR/NPS on 10/10/2008 01:10 PM -----

                      "Windus, Jennifer"
                      <jennifer.windus at dnr.s        To:
                      tate.oh.us>                   cc:
                      Sent by:                      Subject:  [InvasivesOhio] FW: [Members] FW: Geauga Park District: Earthworms 10/11/08
                      InvasivesOhio at yahoogro
                      ups.com

                      10/10/2008 11:26 AM
                      AST
                      Please respond to
                      InvasivesOhio

|-------------------+-----------------------------------------------------|
|  (Embedded image  |Geauga Park District                                 |
|  moved to file:   | Upcoming Program                                    |
|   pic13886.jpg)   |                                                     |
|-------------------+-----------------------------------------------------|
     October 7, 2008|                                                     |
 -------------------+-----------------------------------------------------|
|  (Embedded image  |The Dirt on Earthworms (Earthworms: Friend or Foe)   |
|  moved to file:   |                                                     |
|   pic25526.jpg)   |Saturday, October 11, 10:00 AM to Noon (All Ages) or |
|                   |1-3 PM (Ages 12-17)                                  |
|(Embedded image    |                                                     |
|moved to file:     |The West Woods, Affelder Property, 15139 Chillicothe |
|pic24292.jpg)      |Rd. (Rt. 306).                                       |
|                   |                                                     |
|(Embedded image    |Use some simple scientific techniques to sample      |
|moved to file:     |forest plots for earthworms. Discover why the "good  |
|pic04997.jpg)      |guys" that help our gardens have a new image as a    |
|                   |non-native species impacting the forest ecology of   |
|                   |the Great Lakes Region.                              |
|                   |                                                     |
|                   |Determine how earthworms may pose a grave threat to  |
|                   |plants, animals and the biodiversity of glaciated    |
|                   |hardwood forests. Participants will have the         |
|                   |opportunity to visit several forest plots to check   |
|                   |for earthworms and assess the effects of their       |
|                   |presence or absence.                                 |
|                   |                                                     |
|                   |Registration required                                |
|                   |    (Embedded image moved to file: pic12373.jpg)     |
 www.geaugaparkdistr|                                                     |
     ict.org or     |                                                     |
  Call 440-286-9516 |                                                     |
  for registration. |                                                     |