[APWG] Stilt Grass Seeds

Michael Schenk schenkmj at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 2 08:35:15 CDT 2008

Yes, deer do seem to be a great mechanism for dispersing stilt grass. They like to bed down in it, for one thing.

What I'm wondering is if there is some species which destructively feeds on stilt grass seeds and which might be useful as a biocontrol. Since they're so small, this would likely be an invertebrate, maybe millipedes or some other forest floor small grazer. What generally eats small grass seeds?

Mike