[APWG] Fw: [roadsides] SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED: ICOET 2009 Call for Abstracts accepted until January 31, 2009

Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
Fri Dec 12 10:56:28 CST 2008

----- Forwarded by Jil Swearingen/NCR/NPS on 12/12/2008 11:56 AM -----

                      "Eugene Murray"
                      <eugene_murray at ncsu        To:       <eugene_murray at ncsu.edu>
                      .edu>                      cc:       (bcc: Jil Swearingen/NCR/NPS)
                      Sent by:                   Subject:  [roadsides] SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED: ICOET 2009 Call for Abstracts
                      roadsides-owner at lis         accepted until January 31, 2009
                      ts.ncsu.edu

                      12/12/2008 11:21 AM
                      EST
                      Please respond to
                      "Eugene Murray";
                      Please respond to
                      roadsides

With apologies for any cross-postings…

|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|(Embedded image moved to file: pic22875.jpg)cid:image001.jpg at 01C94AE7.535770B0             |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                                                                           |
|                                                                                           |
|                                                                                           |
|                                                                                           |
|                                                                                           |
|                                                                                           |
|MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR ICOET 2009!                                                         |
|The International Conference on Ecology and Transportation                                 |
|September 13-17, 2009                                                                      |
|Duluth Entertainment Convention Center                                                     |
|Duluth, Minnesota                                                                          |
|www.icoet.net                                                                              |
|                                                                                           |
|                                                                                           |
|CALL FOR ABSTRACTS EXTENDED – NEW SUBMISSION DEADLINE JANUARY 31, 2009                     |
|                                                                                           |
|In view of the December holiday season and upcoming TRB Annual Meeting in January, ICOET is|
|pleased to extend its invitation to receive abstracts for technical papers and poster      |
|presentations for the 2009 conference program.  Abstract submissions will continue to be   |
|accepted electronically via the conference website until January 31, 2009.                 |
|                                                                                           |
|The ICOET 2009 theme is ‘Adapting to Change.’  The conference will focus on the challenges |
|ahead as we adapt for future global climate changes, shifts in transportation demand and   |
|patterns, and evolving environmental and transportation policy.  Abstracts submitted for   |
|consideration should address current planning and project activities, research             |
|applications, and best practices in one or more topic areas selected for the conference.   |
|                                                                                           |
|Please see the attached PDF flyer, or visit www.icoet.net, for a complete listing of ICOET |
|2009 program topic areas and additional conference information.                            |
|                                                                                           |
|                                                                                           |
|POSSIBLE TRAVEL FUNDS FOR AUTHORS OF ACCEPTED PAPERS                                       |
|                                                                                           |
|The ICOET Steering Committee anticipates that a limited amount of travel funds may be      |
|available for authors to present their accepted papers in Duluth, MN.  The committee       |
|encourages authors to submit abstracts for ICOET 2009 even if travel funding for next year |
|may be uncertain at this time.                                                             |
|                                                                                           |
|                                                                                           |
|FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ICOET, CONTACT:                                                 |
|                                                                                           |
|Center for Transportation and the Environment (CTE)                                        |
|James Martin, jbm at ncsu.edu, 919-515-8620                                                   |
|Eugene Murray, eugene_murray at ncsu.edu, 919-515-8037                                        |
|                                                                                           |
|We look forward to your participation at ICOET 2009!                                       |
|                                                                                           |
|                                                                                           |
|                                                                                           |
|                                                                                           |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                                                                           |
|                                                                                           |
|                                                                                           |
|                                                                                           |
|ABOUT ICOET                                                                                |
|The International Conference on Ecology and Transportation is conducted every two years to |
|identify and share quality research applications and best management practices that address|
|wildlife, habitat, and ecosystem issues related to the delivery of surface transportation  |
|systems. ICOET is the primary forum for an international gathering of foremost experts in  |
|ecology and transportation to showcase effects, issues, and, most importantly, solutions.  |
|ICOET is a multi-disciplinary, inter-agency supported event administered and co-sponsored  |
|by the Center for Transportation and the Environment at North Carolina State University.   |

 (See attached file: ICOET09-CallforAbstracts-ExtendFlyer-Email.pdf)