[APWG] Fw: REMINDER: FLEPPC Call for Abstracts

Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
Thu Dec 11 10:32:15 CST 2008

----- Forwarded by Jil Swearingen/NCR/NPS on 12/11/2008 11:31 AM -----

                      "Rodgers III,
                      LeRoy"                   To:       FLEPPC at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
                      <lrodgers at SFWMD.G        cc:       (bcc: Jil Swearingen/NCR/NPS)
                      OV>                      Subject:  REMINDER:  FLEPPC Call for Abstracts
                      Sent by: Florida
                      EPPC
                      <FLEPPC at LISTSERV.
                      UGA.EDU>

                      12/11/2008 08:00
                      AM EST
                      Please respond to
                      Florida EPPC

      REMINDER: The deadline to submit your abstract for FLEPPC 2009 will
      be here before you know it.
      And it’s easy to do! Go to
      www.fleppc.org/Symposium/2009/abstactsubmission.html and submit
      online.

      (Embedded image moved to file: pic28253.jpg)Call for Abstracts

                                Florida Exotic Pest Plant Council’s
                           24th Annual Symposium, Delray Beach, Florida
                                        May 26th–29th 2009

      We  invite  abstract  submissions  for  contributed  oral  or  poster
      presentations  at the 2009 FLEPPC Annual Symposium.  The meeting will
      be  held  Tuesday, May 26th through Friday, May 29th in Delray Beach,
      Florida, at the Marriott Hotel.

              Deadline for Abstract Submissions:  January 20th 2009

      Program Topics: Submissions are welcome for any area of invasive
      plant species investigation, including but not limited to:

      Ecology
      Management
      Risk Assessment
      Policy and Regulation
      Evolutionary Biology
      Interdisciplinary Projects

      Abstracts must include the following information:
            ·         Title of the proposed paper
            ·          Full  name  and  professional  title  of the author,
            organization  to  which  s/he  belongs,  mailing address, phone
            number(s), and email address
            ·          If  there  are  multiple authors, please provide the
            above information for each.
            ·         Text of the abstract (limit of 400 words)

      General  rules  regarding  abstracts:  Please do not include figures,
      tables  or  mathematical  equations  in  the  abstract.  Use standard
      abbreviations  for units of measure. Other abbreviations and acronyms
      should  be  spelled  out  in  full  at first mention, followed by the
      abbreviation/acronym  in  parentheses. If you use references, provide
      the journal, volume, year and page numbers.

                          SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT ONLINE!
              www.fleppc.org/Symposium/2009/abstactsubmission.html

      A  letter  or notification of acceptance or rejection will be emailed
      to the author(s) no later than February 1st, 2008.  Online submission
      of abstracts is strongly encouraged.

           If web access is not available, please submit abstracts to:

                       LeRoy Rodgers, FLEPPC Program Chair
                     South Florida Water Management District
             3301 Gun Club Road, MS#5650, West Palm Beach, FL 33406
                      561-682-2773 voice; 561-682-5044 fax
                               lrodgers at sfwmd.gov
       (See attached file: image001.png)(See attached file: Rodgers, LeRoy
      (lrodgers at sfwmd.gov).vcf)