[APWG] NEWS: Gardening and environmental groups try to weed out invasive plants

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Fri Apr 11 15:58:24 CDT 2008

http://www.latimes.com/features/home/la-hm-weeds10apr10,1,6317979.story

Gardening and environmental groups try to weed out invasive plants
Flowers and grasses have gotten out of the yard and into trouble. A group
aims to corral the offenders.
By Emily Green, Special to The Times
April 10, 2008

WEED. We need only one syllable to differentiate friend from foe in our
gardens. Yet the word seems inadequate for a new generation of weeds --
plants that we find beautiful or delicious when we cultivate them but that
have escaped into the wild to potentially catastrophic effect.

See the link above for the full article text.