[APWG] Update on Wavyleaf Basketgrass Task Force

Marc Imlay ialm at erols.com
Wed Sep 5 07:42:12 CDT 2007

  _____

From: Griesbach, Robert [mailto:Robert.Griesbach at ARS.USDA.GOV]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 3:31 PM
To: ialm at erols.com
Cc: Welch, Glenn; Korcak, Ron; Johnson, Phyllis; Prevar, David; Coulson, Bob
Subject: basket grass

After our meeting with you, our Ecology Committee under Glenn Welch surveyed
the BARC-west for wavy-leaved basket grass. We found three larger (10-20 sq
ft) colonies and a number of smaller ones, all located in a single forested
areas. On Aug 31, all the plants were sprayed with Round-Up. We will monitor
the site for seedlings next year.  Thank you very much for bring this plant
to our attention.

Rob

Rob Griesbach, Ph. D.

Technology Transfer Coordinator