[APWG] Fw: [naturalareasassociation] Mid-Atlantic Invasive Plant Conference - August 2007

Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
Fri Mar 30 13:23:50 CDT 2007

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Announcing..

Mid-Atlantic Exotic Pest Plant Council Conference

Invasive Plants:  Research, Removal and Renewal

August 15 and 16, 2007

at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA

Certain plants that have been introduced to ecosystems cause a great deal
of harm and have become a threat to biological diversity.  These invasive
plants reduce populations of other plants and the animals that depend upon
them.  This is a problem we all face and we can all contribute to the
solutions.  Our quality of life ultimately depends on the health of our
natural resources.

In this seminar you will learn about:

   the extent of the invasive plant problem in the mid-Atlantic region;

   the latest invasive plant control technologies;

   native plants that are good alternatives for invasive garden plants;

   Federal invasive plant efforts;

   how deer contribute to the spread of invasive plants;

   new technologies to measure and monitor invasive plant populations; and

   how native plant  recovery prevents the spread of invasive plants.

For a complete brochure, contact the Morris Arboretum

at 215-247-5777, ext. 156 or 125 or jlm at pobox.upenn.edu

Sponsored by the Mid-Atlantic Exotic Pest Plant Council

and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania__,_._,___