[APWG] Fw: [ma-eppc] Fw: Exec. Director position announcement for Tamarisk Coalition

Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
Fri Jul 20 08:49:24 CDT 2007

Send or e-mail Interest to:
Susan T. Metzger
Kansas Water Office
901 S. Kansas Avenue
Topeka, KS 66612
(785) 296-3185
smetzger at kws.state.us

Attached is an announcement for a new Tamarisk Coalition Executive
Director. In May, the Tamarisk Coalition completed its first five years as
a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and we accomplished a great deal during
this time. In fact we met all of our 10-year goals. We feel that this
success has directly resulted in the establishment of the Coalition as the
most credible organization addressing the tamarisk problem. So where do we
go from here? How do we capitalize on our success?

The Coalition is now at a new stage in its corporate life. In addition, I
am reducing my workload over the next two years as a transition to
retirement. Thus, it is also time to transition to a new Executive
Director. With this support I can focus on the things I do best; i.e.,
technical support, education, and policy development.

I have spent the last five years providing the basic leadership for the
Coalition. So if you are interested in a challenge with some great
opportunities to make a difference, check out the attached announcement.

Happy trails,

Tim Carlson
Executive Director
Tamarisk Coalition
P.O. Box 1907
Grand Junction, CO 81502
(970) 256-7400, (970) 260-9338 (cell)
(See attached file:
Tamarisk_Coalition_Ex_Dir_Job_Description_07_12_07.doc)

.