[APWG] REQUEST: Checking invasive range for a few aquatic & emergent species

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Tue Aug 21 14:40:15 CDT 2007

I'm looking to check over information on a few species in the way of
states where they have been reported as invasive according to APWG's
WeedUS list.  These are mostly aquatic or emergent species:

alligatorweed - Alternanthera philoxeroides (GA, KY, IL, NC, SC, TX, VA)
killer algae - Caulerpa taxifolia (CA)
water hyacinth - Eichhornia crassipes (CA, DE, FL, GA, LA, TX)
hydrilla - Hydrilla verticillata (CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, MD, NC, NH, OR, TX,
VA, VT, WA)
West Indian marsh grass - Hymenachne amplexicaulis (FL)
water spinach - Ipomoea aquatica (FL, TX)
Asian spiderwort - Murdannia keisak (TN, TX, VA)
true forget-me-not  - Myosotis scorpioides (CT, MI, OR, WI)
parrot's feather - Myriophyllum aqauticum (CT, DE, GA, MD, NH, OR, TN, VA)
water lettuce/Nile cabbage - Pistia stratiotes (DE, FL, TX)
giant salvinia - Salvinia molesta (CA, GA, HI, TX)
water chestnut - Trapa natans (CT, DE, MA, MD, NH, NY, PA, VA, VT, WI)

If you know of additional states (or states that should be removed) for
this list, please let me know (and if you have a reference such as a state
invasive species list, that would be helpful as well).  Thanks!

Olivia
CPC/PCA
http://www.nps.gov/plants/