[APWG] Plant Identification [Firmiana]

Larry Morse larry.morse.dc at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 19 13:53:44 CDT 2006

I've seen Firmiana as an escape near some planted trees at the top of the
Calvert Cliffs, along Chesapeake Bay (Calvert Co., Md.).  The proximity to
the Bay probably keeps the winter milder there than inland.  This may be
the most northeasterly site known;  John Kartesz (unpubl. info) has the
species recorded for Maryland but without county information.  The tree is
definitely dramatic, with huge lobed leaves.

Larry

Larry Morse
Washington, D.C.
larry.morse.dc at earthlink.net
(larry.e.morse at LEM-Natural-Diversity.com)

<apwg at lists.plantconservation.org>