[APWG] WEB: BLACKS WALLOW-WORT WEBCAST Wed, June 21 11:45 to 1pm EDT (fwd)

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Mon Jun 19 09:03:04 CDT 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 09:47:29 -0400
From: NAP <NAP at ci.ann-arbor.mi.us>
To: "'plant at plantconservation.org'" <plant at plantconservation.org>
Subject: BLACKS WALLOW-WORT WEBCAST Wed, June 21 11:45 to 1pm EDT

Just passing this along for you...
~Jason

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 21st 11:45 to 1pm Eastern time
THE STEWARDSHIP NETWORK'S JUNE WEBCAST

CONTROLLING BLACK SWALLOWWORT
11:45 TO 1PM EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME.
www.stewardshipnetworkwebcast.org

Please feel free to distribute the following notice about an online
presentation and discussion about Black Swallowwort aka dog-strangling vine
control presented by the Stewardship Network (www.stewardshipnetwork.org).

If you would like to ensure you receive notice about future webcasts (and
are NOT on the stewardshipnetwork list) click this link to join an email
list that announces only these monthly webcasts?

http://www.stewardshipnetwork.org/site/c.hrLOKWPILuF/b.1648551/k.2E53/Sign_up_for_stewardship_event_Ennouncements.htm

Hi All-

Black Swallowwort is a relatively new invasive to us here in Michigan.
Key to preserving the biodiversity of our natural lands and waters is
catching new invasives early. Join us this month as we learn from those on
the east coast experienced in dealing with black swallowwort where it's
been a problem for some time.

Do you work to care for a piece of property? Are you wondering if you may
have new invasives that you just don't recognize yet? Would you recognize
black swallowwort? Want to learn tried and true techniques to control its
spread? Want to participate in an online interactive presentation and
discussion with people actively engaged in natural areas management from
across the country? Then please join the Stewardship Network for our next
webcast on Controlling Black Swallowwort...

ONLINE Wednesday, June 21, 2006 from 11:45 to

1:00 pm Eastern time

To join the meeting, please click on the following link on Wednesday,
June 21st anytime after 11:45am EDT:

<www.stewardshipnetworkwebcast.org>

and log in anytime after 11:45am Eastern time.

If you encounter any technical difficulties, please contact Todd
Shunneson at 414-254-0122. We'd also encourage everyone to do a quick
trial run AHEAD OF TIME (by going to
http://www.instantlyglobal.com/system_test ) to make sure you are able to
access the meeting on your computer. If you try beforehand and encounter
difficulties Todd will be able to help you discover what the problem is.

Details for system admins connecting from gov buildings. Otherwise skip
the info right below and read on farther down for more details about the
webcast. If you are connecting from a government building and need the ip
addresses to open for port 80 here they are:

There are various servers we use for various functions, so that's why
there's 4 IPs.

216.23.180.52
216.23.180.53
216.23.180.54
216.23.180.55

Everyone else who didn't understand any of that paragraph. Don't worry,
you just need to click on the link above.

We know that some people have had problems accessing similar
presentations when trying to enter from their company's servers because of
strict "firewall" configurations. Most of these people who had problems
were trying to access the presentation from government buildings. If you
are having problems accessing the presentation, some helpful tips can be
found here:
http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_19546

------------

Once you have logged in to the meeting, you will be able to ask questions
of and share information with these experts and others who join us
online. You will be able to hear our expert panel through speakers on your
computer (make sure they are turned on!). You will be able to share your
thoughts, ideas, questions, and perspective via your keyboard.
Participants will be able to see everyone's typed comments.

This webcast of The Stewardship Network is again hosted and sponsored by
MSU Global Ventures with support from the USFS Northern Initiatives
Electronic Commons. We plan to continue offering new webcasts on a
variety of ecological restoration topics on the 2nd Wednesday of the
month. While you may never have participated in a webcast or online
meeting we are excited to continue exploring this innovative
outreach/networking technology and encourage you to try it out.

If you have questions please feel free to email Lisa at lbrush at umich.edu.

Hope you can join us!

Lisa

Lisa Brush
Executive Director
The Stewardship Network
1831 Traver Road
Ann Arbor, MI  48103
734/395-4483

The Stewardship Network - pulling together for nature! The Network was
established in 1998 to build the capacity of organizations, individuals,
and private businesses to preserve, restore, and manage natural lands and
waters. Since its inception, the Network has collaborated with nonprofits
large and small, governmental agencies and units, private businesses, and
dedicated individuals to achieve that goal.

The Stewardship Network connects a broad range of groups, rallies
volunteers, and fills the gaps in today's preservation efforts. Every day
we're out on the land - making connections, providing hands-on training,
building relationships, sharing tools, and passing along new information.
Why? So that the many groups and individuals that protect our natural
areas can become even stronger and more effective.

The Network brings expertise in natural areas management and community
building to increase the effectiveness of organizations, agencies,
businesses, and individuals doing on-the-ground management.