[APWG] Fw: Ailanthus, interesting update

Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
Thu Jul 21 14:49:42 CDT 2005

Hi,

Dr. Skerret passed this article along to me. It has some important
implications for worker safety.

Thank you,

jil

*******************************
JIL M SWEARINGEN
Invasive Species and
Pest Management Coordinator

NATIONAL PARK SERVICE
National Capital Region
Center for Urban Ecology
4598 MacArthur Blvd., NW
Washington DC 20007
Phone/ 202-342-1443, ex. 218
Fax/ 202-282-1031
Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov

WEEDS GONE WILD Web Page
http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien

----- Forwarded by Jil Swearingen/NCR/NPS on 07/21/2005 03:43 PM -----

                      "Skerrett, Patrick
                      J."                        To:       <jil_swearingen at nps.gov>, <ppannill at dnr.state.md.us>
                      <pat_skerrett at hms.h        cc:
                      arvard.edu>                Subject:  Ailanthus, interesting update

                      07/20/2005 02:02 PM
                      AST

I just read the interesting article on Ailanthus altissima that you wrote
for the Plant Conservation Alliance, Alien Plant Working Group (
http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien/fact/aial1.htm).

I thought you might be interested in the attached report on myocarditis
caused by tree of heaven sap, which appeared in the 19 July 2005 issue of
the Annals of Internal Medicine.

Regards,

Pat Skerrett

********************************