[APWG] Pathways to Invasion

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Thu Dec 8 15:28:48 CST 2005

I recently posted a question over this list requesting information on the
major Pathways to Invasion for non-natives.  From the information you
provided, I compiled the following table.

My focus here is to compile information on the pathways by which invasives
are introduced, not to compile an exhaustive list of invasives (although
it's nice to have one or two examples).  I welcome your input.

(See attached file: Pathways to Invasion.doc)

Also, I'm curious to know whether there has been any research as to which
of these pathways have the biggest impact on native ecosystems?

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 750
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276
Working for the conservation and sustainable use of our green natural
resources.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>