[APWG] PUBS: Science Articles on Allelopathy as an Invasive Mechanism

Plant Conservation plant at plantconservation.org
Tue Sep 9 13:13:10 CDT 2003

From: steveyoung at aol.com

Check out these in the current issue of Science (9/5/03):

Perspective: Ecology: Making Allelopathy Respectable, Science 2003 301:
1337-1338

and

Bais et al., Allelopathy and Exotic Plant Invasion: From Molecules and
Genes to Species Interactions, Science 2003 301: 1377-1380

Good stuff. Support the contention that allelopathy is an important
mechanism at least in some invasions. Maybe I'm nuts, but I think we are
seeing it with a number of our Mid-Atlantic invaders. Alas, these are not
up on their website for non-subscribers. Cheers,

       Steve