[APWG] Any ELDERS?

Ed Shadrick eshadrick at v3consultants.com
Mon Oct 27 11:48:06 CST 2003

I believe the term might be better expressed as "elder of the tribe", a concept in which those who have extensive knowledge of a given tradecraft share that knowledge with "youngsters" who are learning the ropes.  As Craig pointed out, age is not the determining factor; it is knowledge (and presumably wisdom gathered through experience).  At least, this seems to be more in line with the general trend of Craig's query. For those in search of a more modern (age-neutral) terminology, how about mentors and protégés?

To address the original question, what about the works of Aldo Leopold and Sigurd Olson as examples of Elders?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ed Shadrick
Senior Ecologist/Project Manager
Wetland Delineations Coordinator
V3 Consultants
7325 Janes Avenue
Suite 100
Woodridge, Illinois 60517

Voice: 630-724-9200 X 219
FAX: 630-724-9202

e-mail:  eshadrick at v3consultants.com
Website:  http://www.v3consultants.com

V3 - visio, vertere, virtute, meaning...
"The vision to transform with excellence"
V3 is ranked #14 on Zweig Letter's Hot Firm 2003 List
and is an Engineering News Record Top 500 Design Firm.