[APWG] request: native landscaping policies at colleges andotherorganizations

Emily Roberson emilyr at cnps.org
Fri Dec 19 16:06:36 CST 2003

The Forest Service Region 5 (California) has an excellent policy on the
use of Native Plant Material in restoration and other Revegetation
projects. It strongly encourages but does not make mandatory the use of
native plants from genetically local sources. I do not have an
electronic copy unfortunately.

I do not know if other Forest Service regions have similar policies.
National forest service is working on a national policy but they are
still in the draft stages.

There is also a strong national program to develop local native plant
materials for revegetation and restoration on both BLM and Forest
Service lands. More than $10 million has gone into that program so far
and greenhouses have been constructed to grow the materials.

Hope this is useful,

Emily

_____________________
Emily B. Roberson, Ph.D.
Director
Native Plant Conservation Campaign
*NEW ADDRESS*
2707 K Street, Suite 1
Sacramento 95816

Phone: 415 970 0394
E-MAIL: EMILYR at cnps.org
Web:  http://www.cnps.org/NPCC

The mission of the NPCC is to promote appreciation and conservation of
native plant species and communities through collaboration, education,
law, policy, land use and management.

The NPCC is a project of the Center for Biological Diversity and the
California Native Plant Society.