[MPWG] Fwd: Call for Submissions: Plant Medicine in Settler Colonial Contexts (Due: August 15)

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Thu Aug 8 09:04:46 CDT 2019

Short turnaround but what a great opportunity!

Date: Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 4:44 PM

Dear all,

This summer, we at TEA <https://www.tea-assembly.com/> (The Ethnobotanical
Assembly) are delighted to be inviting submissions for a forthcoming series
on Plant Medicine in Settler Colonial Contexts
<https://www.tea-assembly.com/issues/2019/6/15/plant-medicine-in-settler-colonial-contexts>,
guest edited by medical and environmental anthropologist Charis Boke.

*TEA: The Ethnobotanical Assembly* <https://www.tea-assembly.com/> is a
quarterly online magazine for research, writing, and thinking about
people-plant relationships. TEA aims to bring together the growing
community of people thinking and working at the interface of people and
plants.

*For this series, we are seeking contributions that work among the
intersections of plant medicine, Indigenous sovereignty, environmental
justice, and global wellbeing in order to reimagine what kinds of questions
about health and plant medicine are possible, necessary, and productive
today.*

*We invite papers that engage with the wide array of knowledges about plant
medicines across settler colonial contexts (including but not limited to
the Americas, Australia, and New Zealand) to examine what kinds of lessons
for thriving in difficult ecological circumstances—and, perhaps, for
“unsettling” those circumstances—can emerge from working with plants.*

If you are interested in contributing to the series, please contact
Charis Boke <cfb72 at cornell.edu> (cfb72 at cornell.edu) or the TEA Team
<editors at tea-assembly.com> (editors at tea-assembly.com) with an expression of
interest and a brief proposal by *August 15th.*

You can find more information about the series and the call here
<https://www.tea-assembly.com/issues/2019/6/15/plant-medicine-in-settler-colonial-contexts>,
and in the attached document.

*Please share widely in your networks.*

With thanks,

The Team at TEA

*---*

*By providing a virtual space to share and explore diverse approaches to
and developments in plant-thinking, TEA seeks to stimulate the creative,
collaborative, and transdisciplinary discussions needed to nurture
culturally and biologically diverse futures.*

*TEA is an open community of thought. We invite your contribution.*

*Follow us on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/tea.ethnobotany>, Twitter
<https://twitter.com/tea_assembly>, and Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/tea_assembly>.*

~ The Ethnobotanical Assembly <https://www.tea-assembly.com/> ~

************** This is an official listserv of the Anthropology &
Environment Society of the American Anthropological Association.

It is restricted to posting announcements and news items related to
ecological and environmental anthropology only.

For open discussion on topics related to ecological and environmental
anthropology, please subscribe to our discussion list:
EANTHDISCUSS-L at lists.ufl.edu

For more information visit our website at http://www.eanth.org