[RWG] [APWG] Ecosystem Restoration, weed project Performance Standards Costs

Wayne Tyson landrest at cox.net
Tue Feb 14 13:31:27 CST 2012

All:

I quite agree with WG, and shall try to stick to issues and refrain from too much bragging about the fact that I can leap tall buildings in a single bound, am stronger smelling than a steaming locomotive, and catch a speeding bullet in my teeth. Also, while I usually don't drink beer, when I do, I prefer horse-piss to XX. My mirror hath spoken.

I promise to try to respond honestly and directly to all posts which require or stimulate a response, and shall endeavour to eschew all digression irrelevant to the poster's point, and keep my responses mercifully brief. I shall also try to K.I.S.S in the spirit of Einstein: ". . . as simple as possible, but no simpler."

I will try to follow the convention to posting a single issue at a time, and will happily reform or correct upon notification by any of my list brethren and sisteren should I stray from any of my promises. Consistent with that policy, I also shall try to refrain from reading or responding to extended or convoluted essays, particularly when they are repetitive.

I share WG's hope that these lists will become known as the "go to" place for honest discussion of the leading-edge issues in plant conservation.

These statements are intended to apply to me only, and are not intended in any way to demand, nay, even to suggest that others do likewise. I remain quite open to suggestions for improvement.

Yr. O'bt. Sv't.,
WT

PS: Am I to understand correctly that, since responses to previous posts have been either absent or non-responsive on this subject that there is no interest in developing performance standards or in questioning those that might be said to be traditional or widely accepted by the professions concerned with plant conservation? Am I missing something, or is not such a discussion central to the purpose of plant conservation?