[RWG] [APWG] 100 qacres every 15 miles across the country-- preserve the original ecosystems?

Philip Thomas pt at hear.org
Fri Oct 14 17:05:33 CDT 2011

Certainly an interesting idea.  Attention should be paid to minimum
meaningful contiguous area for conservation purposes for various
organism types.  I fear that even if we could keep these areas 95 (or
even 100) percent weed-free, disjunct areas as small as 100 acres would
be useless for the preservation of many species.  (There is research
that addresses these issues [although I'm not sure of its adequacy].)

Aloha,
Philip Thomas
pt at hear.org

--