[RWG] Looking for sources for a magazine article

James McCommons jmccommo at nmu.edu
Mon Sep 10 20:41:45 CDT 2007

My name is James McCommons. I am a freelance magazine writer working on an
assigned story for a national magazine. The article examines how
organizations and groups are collecting and saving seed of native plants. I
want to look at this trend in terms of environmental restoration,
conservation of rare plants, and simply as a way to bring more native plants
into the home/backyard landscape. I'm currently doing primary source
research and looking for people to interview about their projects. If your
group-perhaps a garden club, volunteers with a federal or state agency, or
students working with professors-are doing this type of work, I would be
interested in hearing about your project, and possibly doing an interview
for inclusion in the article. Please e-mail me at jmccommo at nmu.edu.

James McCommons

Associate Professor--English/Journalism

Northern Michigan University