[RWG] WEB: RX Fire Webcast Tomorrow - Wed, Feb 8

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Tue Feb 7 16:58:21 CST 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 16:16:57 -0500
From: NAP <NAP at ci.ann-arbor.mi.us>
Subject: REMINDER RX FIRE WEBCAST TOMORROW - WED, FEB 8

REMINDER-
TOMORROW'S (Wednesday, February 8)
BENEFITS OF PRESCRIBED ECOLOGICAL FIRE
11:45 TO 1PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME.
LINK TO THE WEBCAST: http://www.instantlyglobal.com/msuwebconference12

Please feel free to distribute the following notice about an online
presentation and discussion about prescribed fire

If you would like to ensure you receive notice about future webcasts send
me (lbrush at umich.edu) an email with "join webcast announcement list" in the
subject line and I'll add you to a list that announces only these monthly
webcasts.

Hi All-
The prescribed fire season is almost upon us here in Michigan. Getting the
burn bug? Interested in learning more about prescribed fire? Want to
participate in an online interactive presentation and discussion with
people actively engaged in using fire to care for natural areas? Then
please join the Stewardship Network for our next webcast on the Benefits of
Prescribed Ecological Fire...

ONLINE Wednesday, February 8, 2006 from 11:45 to
1:00 pm Eastern time for a presentation and discussion on the use of
prescribed fire in ecological restoration.

Leading the webcast will be the following panel of experts: -Ray Fahlsing,
Manager, Michigan Department of Natural Resources, State
Parks Stewardship Program
Ray has been involved in ecological restoration on state park lands
throughout Michigan. He works closely with the state fire officers to
implement prescribed burns on state natural areas.
-David Mindell, Owner, PlantWise Ecological Restoration
For the past eight years David has conducted 100s of burns through
PlantWise a company he founded dedicated to creating and restoring natural
areas. His has conducted prescribed burns for governments, nonprofits,
residential landowners, and private businesses.
-Lisa Brush, Executive Director of the Stewardship Network has been working
to bring groups and individuals together to build capacity to manage our
natural areas.

To join the meeting, please click on the following link:

<http://www.instantlyglobal.com/msuwebconference12>

and log in anytime after 11:45am Eastern time.

If you
encounter any technical difficulties,
please contact Todd Shunneson at 414-254-0122. We'd also encourage everyone
to do a quick trial run AHEAD OF TIME (by going to
http://www.instantlyglobal.com/system_test ) to make sure you are able to
access the meeting on your computer. If you try beforehand and encounter
difficulties Todd will be able to help you discover what the problem is.

We know that some people have had problems accessing similar presentations
when trying to enter from their company's servers because of strict
"firewall" configurations. Most of these people who had problems were
trying to access the presentation from government buildings. If you are
having problems accessing the presentation, some helpful tips can be found
here: http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_19546
------------

Once you have logged in to the meeting, you will be able to ask questions
of and share information with these experts and others who join us online.
You will be able to hear David, Ray, and Lisa through speakers on your
computer (make sure they are turned on!). You will be able to share your
thoughts, ideas, questions, and
perspective via your keyboard. Participants will be able to see everyone's
typed comments.

This webcast of The Stewardship Network is again hosted and sponsored by
MSU Global Ventures. We plan to continue offering new webcasts on a variety
of ecological restoration topics on the 2nd Wednesday of the month. While
you may never have participated in a
webcast or online meeting we are excited to continue exploring this
innovative outreach/networking technology and encourage you to try it out.
We do have archives of our past webcasts; however they're currently missing
in the ether. We'll track them down and let you know where they are when we
find them:
January 2006, Tools and Equipment of the Ecological Restoration Trade
December 2005, Winter Restoration September 2005, mgt planning and measures
of success July 2005, planning a prairie planting June 2005, controlling
purple loosestrife at May 2005, controlling Garlic Mustard

If you have questions please feel free to email Lisa at lbrush at umich.edu.

Hope you can join us!
Lisa

Lisa Brush
Executive Director
The Stewardship Network
1831 Traver Road
Ann Arbor, MI  48103
734/395-4483

The Stewardship Network - pulling together for nature! The Network was
established in 1998 to build the capacity of organizations, individuals, and
private businesses to preserve, restore, and manage natural lands and
waters.
Since its inception, the Network has collaborated with nonprofits large and
small, governmental agencies and units, private businesses, and dedicated
individuals to achieve that goal.

The Stewardship Network connects a broad range of groups, rallies
volunteers,
and fills the gaps in today's preservation efforts. Every day we're out on
the
land - making connections, providing hands-on training, building
relationships,
sharing tools, and passing along new information. Why? So that the many
groups
and individuals that protect our natural areas can become even stronger and
more effective.

The Network brings expertise in natural areas management and community
building
to increase the effectiveness of organizations, agencies, businesses, and
individuals doing on-the-ground management.

Lisa Brush
Executive Director
Stewardship Network
1831 Traver Road