[PCA] JOB OPPTY: BLM Botanists, OR/WA

Lindquist, Anna E alindquist at blm.gov
Fri Sep 22 10:07:08 CDT 2023

Position: Botanist

Deadline: October 2, 2023

Agency/Organization: Bureau of Land Management

Locations: Medford, OR; Roseburg, OR; Spokane, WA

Overview: This position is responsible for managing the botany and integrated weed management programs for the Field Office and will coordinate with the District Plan and Annual Work Plan goals as they interrelate to other Field Offices, the District, and OR/WA State goals and priorities.

This position will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with existing consultation documents, preparing Biological Assessments for consultation with USFWS under Sec. 7 of the Endangered Species Act, preparing monitoring reports, and insuring consistency with activity plans and the Resource Management Plan.

The incumbent conducts habitat inventories and collects field data on special status species and noxious weeds for input into project and resource management planning efforts, including National Environmental Policy Act document preparation.

Incumbent will participate on interdisciplinary teams where he/she will develop or evaluate project plans, develop alternatives, and analyze impacts of these projects to special status plant species and noxious weeds.

The incumbent will be responsible for entering data into various databases and have a working knowledge of GPS and ArcGIS systems.

Compensation:  $57,118 - $89,835 per year; GS 9 - 11

Who can apply:  Open to the public

For more information and to apply: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/749284900

[https://www.usajobs.gov/media/content/usajobs-branded-search.png]<https://www.usajobs.gov/job/749284900>
Botanist<https://www.usajobs.gov/job/749284900>
www.usajobs.gov

Anna Lindquist

she/her/hers

Botanical Communications Manager

Bureau of Land Management - contractor

Currently working from home - contact me for my cell #

I respectfully acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional unceded homeland of the Shoshone, Paiute, Goshute, and Ute Tribes, who have stewarded this land throughout the generations.

National Seed Strategy<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>

Plant Conservation Alliance<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy/pca>