[PCA] SAVE THE DATE & RSVP: Plant Conservation Alliance e-Meeting, May 10, 2023, 2-4pm ET, with welcoming Carrie Radcliffe, Emily Coffey, and Sarah Norris, Atlanta Botanical Garden

Krone, Elizabeth C elizabeth_krone at fws.gov
Mon May 1 12:43:04 CDT 2023

***SAVE THE DATE***

Please RSVP to attend our next PCA meeting of 2023 where we welcome Carrie Radcliffe, M.Sc., Emily Coffey, Ph.D., and Sarah Norris, M.Sc., from the Atlanta Botanical Garden, as they discuss The Southeastern Plant Conservation Alliance (SE PCA) and the development of the nation’s 1st Regional Species of Greatest Conservation Need (RSGCN) for plants.

ABOUT THE PRESENTATION: The Southeastern Plants Regional Species of Greatest Conservation Need (RSGCN) is the first of its kind in the U.S. and will inform State Wildlife Action Plan revision and creation by presenting species with regional responsibility and opportunity for collaboration. This will set actionable priorities for the conservation of rare plants across state boundaries and integrate these activities with broader efforts to conserve wildlife at the regional and national levels. The Atlanta Botanical Garden (ABG) is coordinating the creation of this list, on behalf of the Southeastern Plant Conservation Alliance (SE PCA), by working with experts across the region. Project partners include NatureServe and the Natural Heritage Network, the Southeast Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies (SEAFWA) Wildlife Diversity Committee, Terwilliger Consulting, Inc., and Southeast Flora.

ABOUT OUR PRESENTERS:
Emily Coffey, Ph.D. (VP of Conservation & Research, Atlanta Botanical Garden)
Dr. Coffey joined Atlanta Botanical Garden in 2017 to lead a team of scientists and conservation horticulturists at the Garden’s Southeastern Center for Conservation, oversee research and conservation activities for rare plants, and develop regional and international conservation initiatives for species and ecosystems. Dr. Coffey is Co-chair of the Southeastern Plant Conservation Alliance (SE PCA).  She also has broad botanical knowledge and experience with ex situ and in situ conservation, restoration and community ecology, as well as biogeography.

Carrie Radcliffe, M.Sc. (Conservation Partnerships Manager, Atlanta Botanical Garden)
Radcliffe supports partnerships, facilitates cooperative planning, and manages collaborative habitat and species projects with the Garden’s Southeastern Center for Conservation. She also serves as the Mountain Bog safeguarding project Coordinator for the Georgia PCA, Chair for Southern Blue Ridge Bog Learning Network, and a Steering team member for the Piedmont Prairie Partnership. Carrie coordinated the 2016 & 2020 Southeastern Partners in Plant Conservation (SePPCon) conferences and is Co-chair for the Southeastern Plant Conservation Alliance.

Sarah Norris, M.Sc. (Conservation Partnerships Assistant, Atlanta Botanical Garden)
With a background in community ecology, environmental science, and conservation, Norris uses her experience facilitating conservation activities to support the Atlanta Botanical Garden and the Southeastern Plant Conservation Alliance. This role leverages her experience with academic and research program coordination to support the SE PCA and the development of the first Regional Species of Greatest Conservation Need list for imperiled plants.

This meeting is held remotely and open to all. More information about the presentation can be found on our PCA Meetings page<https://www.plantconservationalliance.org/meetings>.

*** PLEASE RSVP TO ATTEND THIS MEETING ***

RSVP by COB Monday, May 8, to elizabeth_krone at fws.gov

The meeting login details will be shared with all respondents via calendar invite and email by Tuesday May 9.

This meeting will be hosted using Microsoft Teams. You will be able to join the meeting from the web or via the Microsoft Teams app<https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads>.

The PCA general meetings are open to everyone and follow this format:
>Updates on PCA Activities - learn about and get engaged in the Plant Conservation Alliance
>Invited Speaker – a topical presentation to explore any of the six focal areas identified in the PCA National Framework for Progress<https://www.blm.gov/sites/blm.gov/files/programs_natural-resources_native-plant-communities_national-seed-strategy_pca_Framework_6.11.2020.pdf>: collaborative conservation; education; restoration; research and development; sustainability; and information sharing
>Native Plants Roundtable - all participants are encouraged to share information on national native plant events and activities

— This meeting is brought to you by the Plant Conservation Alliance Speaker Organizing Team— Gary Krupnick (Smithsonian Institution) / Ray Mims (U.S. Botanic Garden) / Andrea Williams (California Native Plant Society) / David Lincicome (Tennessee Department of Environment & Conservation) / Anna Lindquist (Chicago Botanic Garden) / Elizabeth Krone (U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service)