[PCA] JOB OPPTY: Botanist, National Park Service, Mojave National Preserve and Death Valley National Park

Lindquist, Anna E alindquist at blm.gov
Thu Aug 17 12:26:40 CDT 2023

Position: Botanist - two openings

Deadline: 8/29/2023 (opens on 8/22)

Agency/Organization: National Park Service

Location: Barstow, CA and Death Valley, CA

Overview: You will serve as a technical advisor in botany and vegetation management.

Compensation: $66,134 - $104,016 per year; Pay will vary based on location; GS 9-11

Who can apply:  1. Current, permanent Federal employees serving under a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service; 2. Reinstatement Eligibles; 3. I/CTAP Eligibles; 4. VEOA Eligibles; 5. Current or former time-limited employees eligible under the Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA); 6. former Public Land Corps Eligibles and 7. Military Spouses.

Responsibilities:

Some of the duties you will perform include, but are not limited to:

  *   Develop and implement resources programs dealing with the management and protection of flora, plant communities, and landscapes that are pertinent to the desert environment.
  *   Develop and carry out statistically valid data collection protocols for the monitoring of desert plant communities and the results of protection, mitigation, and restoration projects related to listed species and species proposed for listing.
  *   In cooperation with others, design, development, testing, and implementing of protocols to identify, evaluate and do long term monitoring.
  *   Develop and prepare major sections of the park resources management plan dealing with vegetation management.
  *   Identify and implement control methods appropriate to weedy species including mechanical and herbicide application.
  *   Implement field methods for monitoring rare plants, analyzing the data, and detecting trends.

Duties will be developmental in nature when filled below the full performance level.

For more information and to apply: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/743983800

Anna Lindquist

she/her/hers

Botanical Communications Manager

Bureau of Land Management - contractor

Currently working from home - contact me for my cell #

I respectfully acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional homeland of the Shoshone, Paiute, Goshute, and Ute Tribes, who have stewarded this land throughout the generations.

National Seed Strategy<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>

Plant Conservation Alliance<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy/pca>