[PCA] JOB OPPTY: Botanical Communications Manager; Boise, ID; CBG/BLM

Lindquist, Anna E alindquist at blm.gov
Thu Aug 3 13:38:39 CDT 2023

Hi everyone,

It's bittersweet for me to share this, but I hope there is someone wonderful out there who would like to join the Plant Conservation & Restoration team at BLM! If you have any questions about the position, please don't hesitate to reach out: alindquist at blm.gov or alindquist at chicagobotanic.org

Thank you!

Anna

Position: Botanical Communications Manager

Agency/Organization: Chicago Botanic Garden & Bureau of Land Management

Location: Office is located at the BLM Idaho State Office in Boise, ID

Overview: This is a contractor position with the BLM Plant Conservation and Restoration Program <https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities> Headquarters Office. This position assists the national Plant Conservation and Restoration Program in communicating with a wide variety of audiences including federal, state, local, and tribal agencies; non-governmental organizations and interest groups; industry members; and other stakeholders.

Who can apply:  Open to the public

Responsibilities:

1. Create, write, and distribute a wide variety of materials to communicate information about Seeds of Success (SOS) and Plant Conservation and Restoration Programs and activities to audiences. Materials may include reports; newsletters; talking points; briefing papers; speeches; web and social media content; and other information materials.

 2. Assist the Plant Conservation and Restoration Program Lead with a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:

  *   Writing and editing briefing documents, budget documents, and federal reports.
  *   Coordinating and attending meetings with federal and non-federal collaborators.
  *   Managing Program Lead’s email and calendar, including keeping them aware of high priority tasks and deadlines and drafting emails on their behalf.
  *   Responding to urgent requests for information and addressing rapidly shifting priorities.
  *   Supporting plant conservation and restoration outreach through social media, listservs, handouts, conference exhibits, presentations, and web content.

3. Provide communication research and planning for Seeds of Success and the BLM Plant Conservation and Restoration Program.

Required Qualifications: Master’s degree in ecology, botany, biology, communications, business administration, or equivalent with appropriate experience. Some knowledge of plant conservation and restoration. Strong communication, project management, and organizational skills. Experience with data and web management and Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Desire to work with volunteers and interns. Occasional outdoor and weekend work may be involved, valid driver’s license required.

Preferred Qualifications: Teaching experience. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, and Drupal.

For more information and to apply: https://www.chicagobotanic.org/jobs

 https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=21ef98a3-d325-4110-a85a-7729320b6f80&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US&selectedMenuKey=CareerCenter

Anna Lindquist

she/her/hers

Botanical Communications Manager

Bureau of Land Management - contractor

Currently working from home - contact me for my cell #

I respectfully acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional unceded homeland of the Shoshone, Paiute, Goshute, and Ute Tribes, who have stewarded this land throughout the generations.

National Seed Strategy<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>

Plant Conservation Alliance<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy/pca>