[PCA] The Role of Natural Areas in Climate Resilience - Virtual Symposium

Moira McGinty Klos mmcgintyklos at naturalareas.org
Tue Oct 4 10:56:36 CDT 2022

*Join NAA, and an expert panel, to consider a critical topic for our times
on **Friday, October 28, 2022, 11:00 am - 4:45 pm EASTERN. **Nature's Front
Line: The Role of Natural Areas in Climate Resilience in Central
Appalachian Forests
<https://www.naturalareas.org/virtual_symposium_-_climate_re.php> *will
consider the role of natural areas as a critical, strategic component to
mitigating impacts of human-caused climate disruption. While focused on the
Central Appalachian Forests, the information can be adapted to suit various
regions.

Expert presenters will examine the science and equip practitioners with the
information needed to inform management plans, educate policy makers, and
enlighten the public on the vital role natural areas play in offsetting the
impacts of climate change on our planet. Participants will also explore
management techniques that maximize the resilience of natural areas to
better protect biodiversity, sequester carbon, and maintain valuable
ecological services. *All registrants will receive a recording of the
symposium. *

Thank you to *Colcom* for partnering with NAA for this program.  ATTENTION
STUDENTS: Scholarship funding is available. APPLY HERE
<https://members.naturalareas.org/members/form.php?orgcode=AREA&fid=5899495>

*AGENDA
<https://www.naturalareas.org/virtual_symposium_-_climate_re.php#agenda>**
                    SPEAKERS
<https://naturalareas.org/climate_resilience_-_speakers.php>
       REGISTER
<https://members.naturalareas.org/members/evr/reg_event.php?orgcode=AREA&evid=32300805>*

[image: Natural Areas] <http://naturalareas.org/>

Moira McGinty Klos (She/Her)

*Director of Programs & Communications *

mmcgintyklos at naturalareas.org
703.328.7481 | P.O. Box 594, Ligonier, PA 15658

[image: facebook icon] <https://www.facebook.com/NaturalAreasAssc/>    [image:
twitter icon] <https://twitter.com/naturalareas>    [image: youtube icon]
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTvCKnkaHOo2n-6u8yqM6XA>    [image:
linkedin icon] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/natural-areas-association/>