[PCA] Webinar: What Your Food Ate: How to Heal Our Land and Reclaim Our Health (May 12; 2pm ET) - free/register

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Fri May 6 08:50:23 CDT 2022

What will you learn?
Are you really what you eat? David R. Montgomery and Anne Biklé take us far beyond this well-worn adage to deliver a new truth: the roots of good health start on farms. What Your Food Ate marshals evidence from recent and forgotten science to illustrate how the health of the soil ripples through to crops, livestock, and ultimately all of us. David Montgomery and Anne Biklé will be speaking about their research into the relationships among soil health, crop health, and human health that form the basis of their forthcoming book, What Your Food Ate (available June 21, 2022). Montgomery and Biklé selected 10 paired farms across the US, a conventional farm compared with a regenerative farm in the same region growing the same crop in the same year. They measured soil health and conducted microbial tests in the soil and then compared the ratios of minerals, vitamins, and phytochemicals. The presentation will talk about the research findings and about the implications for agriculture in general and for growing botanicals in particular.

This webinar is free of charge.

To Register: http://abc.herbalgram.org/site/R?i=KBZilXXIewiM2eOKBuQhxoVtwxr99Tq27W92Y7JCawMfhbHpDDvtPA

Hosted by: American Botanical Council's Sustainable Herbs Program