[PCA] Ex situ data request: North American fruit and nut tree crop wild relatives

Abby Meyer abby.meyer at bgci.org
Wed Feb 9 15:07:28 CST 2022

Greetings,

Botanic Gardens Conservation International U.S., in partnership with the Missouri Botanical Garden, San Diego Botanic Garden, and United States Botanic Garden, is conducting an ex situ collections survey of priority fruit and nut tree crop wild relative taxa native to North America (taxa list here<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16uJXldwmvmxYr7-EnzRQoLtBJS5X3-esWOIj6ltoRwI/edit?usp=sharing>). We are seeking accessions-level (provenance) information for target taxa represented in living plant and seed collections. Results from this survey will inform conservation actions for these valuable plant taxa.

DATA REQUEST
If you hold collections of the priority taxa/genera listed below, we kindly request your plant records information.
Target taxa/genera: Depending on which is easier for you, please send us either 1) accessions data for our target taxa<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16uJXldwmvmxYr7-EnzRQoLtBJS5X3-esWOIj6ltoRwI/edit?usp=sharing> specifically, or 2) accessions data for any/all of our target genera (Asimina, Carya, Castanea, Corylus, Diospyros, Juglans, Malus, Persea, Pistacia, Prunus) for which you have native North American tree taxa.
Format: Report (Excel or CSV) of accessions, including provenance information; please follow this template<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17YweEB55pZ3HCwSkwLDMTf4Am1r0bSvyhBF9LXiOW-c/edit?usp=sharing> if possible; alternatively, we are happy to accept raw accessions data exports if easier for you.
Send to: emily.beckman at bgci.org
Preferred deadline: February 18, 2022

Please contact emily.beckman at bgci.org if you have questions or if you could use our assistance compiling your data.

PERMISSION TO USE DATA
All data will be managed confidentially and securely, and we would be glad to chat with you if you have any concerns. Locality data will not be made public. Please note, by contributing data to this study, you are agreeing to BGCI's Data Sharing Agreement<https://tools.bgci.org/agreement-provider.php> and to the inclusion of your data in BGCI's future PlantSearch Pedigree Module.

Many thanks for your support of this important initiative!

Abby Meyer
Executive Director, Botanic Gardens Conservation International U.S.
at The Huntington Library, Art Collection & Botanical Gardens, San Marino, California

Emily Beckman Bruns
Research Associate, Botanic Gardens Conservation International U.S.
Chicago, Illinois

Abby Meyer (she/her)  |  308.293.1782  |  abby.meyer at bgci.org
Executive Director, Botanic Gardens Conservation International U.S<https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com/?d=bgci.org&u=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmdjaS5vcmcvb3VyLXdvcmsvd2hlcmUtd2Utd29yay9ub3J0aC1hbWVyaWNhL2JnY2ktdXMv&i=NTk0MmY0MjIyOGU2MWMwZjM2MGY4MTg3&t=WmhzbHNZaGFrQmJmS3VGNld1cjJ5L1Z5aWJ6cUd4Z2g4ZHRBQ2ZRcEdmUT0=&h=5af295a5c4764fd38b17dd0d75c02094>. (BGCI-US<https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com/?d=bgci.org&u=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5iZ2NpLm9yZy8=&i=NTk0MmY0MjIyOGU2MWMwZjM2MGY4MTg3&t=WDhpaVpDRGNaYnh0c2dpZ0J5NWZXc3hqNXh3b0hWajdCd21GYUNPZzN2TT0=&h=5af295a5c4764fd38b17dd0d75c02094>)
at The Huntington Library, Art Museum, and Botanical Gardens  |  Los Angeles, CA
[signature_1617852143]