[PCA] BLM-New Mexico State Botanist/Ecologist permanent position open!

Davidson, Zoe M zdavidson at blm.gov
Fri Dec 30 15:59:35 CST 2022

I am delighted to announce that my old position is now open and accepting applications. The announcement is open for 14 calendar days. Please share this widely! (Apologies for duplicate postings)

Open Date: 12/30/2022

Close Date: 01/12/2023

Public job announcement is: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/697200800

Internal job announcement is: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/697201100

This position is the Bureau of Land Management Plant Conservation and Restoration Program<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities> Lead in NM. Duties include -

  *   Provide leadership at the state/regional level for BLM New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Texas for the Plant Conservation and Restoration (Botany) program, including overall program direction, budget oversight and execution, and oversight of regulatory compliance.
  *   Implement the National Native Seed Strategy
  *   Provide advice and support to the State Director, Deputy State Directors and District Managers on policy implementation and technical matters.
  *   Coordinate the Botany/Ecology programs in NM-OK-KS-TX with other state, federal, academic, and nonprofit entities to meet program objectives.
  *   Coordinate and integrate the Botany program with associated resource programs such as land use planning, mineral development, range management, fire use, recreation, National Conservation Lands, wilderness, and surface protection.
  *   Collaborate with T&E Program lead to provide technical expertise on rare plant management. Write policy for statewide rare plant management guidance.
  *   Data steward for rare plant data
  *   Manage agreements and contracts to support the National Seed Strategy, rare plant studies, botany/ecology interns, etc.

The position is located in Santa Fe, NM. Santa Fe is a beautiful town at the base of the Sangre de Cristos with quick access to mountains, rivers, ski basins, etc.  (Santa Fe is less expensive than Denver)!

This is a bargaining unit eligible position (www.nteu.org)!

Zoe Davidson (she/her/hers)

Acting HQ210 Budget Lead<https://doimspp.sharepoint.com/sites/blm-hq-210-budget> <https://doimspp.sharepoint.com/sites/ext-blm-oc-naim?CT=1617808965288&OR=OWA-NT&CID=e7f2ff94-1ef3-82f8-a2e8-588ee982e5c9>  | Division of Decision Support, Planning, and NEPA<https://doimspp.sharepoint.com/sites/blm-wo-200/WO210/SitePages/Home.aspx>

Bureau of Land Management |BLM Headquarters

Fax 505.954.2060 | Cell  505.901.7524

For more information about BLM assessment, inventory, and monitoring (AIM), see the, Assessment Inventory, and Monitoring (AIM) SharePoint<https://doimspp.sharepoint.com/sites/ext-blm-oc-naim?CT=1617808965288&OR=OWA-NT&CID=e7f2ff94-1ef3-82f8-a2e8-588ee982e5c9>, AIM Website<http://aim.landscapetoolbox.org/>. Internal AIM Data Portal<https://blm-egis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=ce9ca46b8cac4682b3dc7c156b6c42f8>.  External data access: aim | BLM GBP Hub (arcgis.com)<https://gbp-blm-egis.hub.arcgis.com/pages/aim>

We are the ones we have been waiting for -- June Jordan