[PCA] ROUNDTABLE: Knowledge in Nature: How Nature Can Help Grow a Better Future (4/21; 1-3pm ET) - free but registration required

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Thu Apr 21 07:21:42 CDT 2022

What will you learn?
Nature is the foundation for our food supply, purifies the water we drink, absorbs floodwaters and buffers storms, combats the climate crisis, creates jobs, and strengthens public health. And yet as a nation, we don’t fully understand, value, or track the state of nature and the manifold benefits that it provides. Simply put, the health and vitality of our nation and the American people rely directly on nature – but we have not incorporated that knowledge into most decisions.

The discussion will bring together experts in economics, the environment, and infrastructure, with business, Tribal, governmental, and non-profit leaders to discuss what more we can do so that we and nature thrive and our national policies reflect the foundational role of nature in achieving goals for climate, equity, and the economy.

Speakers include:
Secretary Deb Haaland, Department of the Interior
Secretary Gina Raimondo, Department of Commerce
Chair Brenda Mallory, White House Council on Environmental Quality
Dr. Alondra Nelson, White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
Dr. Jane Lubchenco, White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
Governor Michael Chavarria, Santa Clara Pueblo
Garrett Altmann, Santa Clara Pueblo
Dr. Ann Bartuska, Resources for the Future (RFF)
Afsaneh Beschloss, RockCreek
Dr. Bobby Cochran, Rural Community Assistance Partnership
Dr. Diane Coyle, Cambridge University
Dr. Elizabeth Gray, National Audubon Society
Dr. Laura Helmuth, Scientific American
Dr. Solomon Hsiang, University of California Berkeley
Dr. Carter Ingram, Pollination Group
Dr. Enric Sala, National Geographic Society
Dr. Dawn Wright, Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI)
Scott Wu, California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank

The event will be livestreamed on ZoomGov.

Pre-registration required: https://pitc.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_SZWNqZKoQamaLKezzPo9Gw

Details: https://www.whitehouse.gov/ostp/events-webinars/white-house-roundtable-knowledge-in-nature-how-nature-can-help-grow-a-better-future/

Webinar presented by White House Office of Science and Technology Policy