[PCA] Invitation to participate in National Tribal Air Association's Baseline Needs Assessment

plant at plantconservation.org plant at plantconservation.org
Fri Oct 8 12:16:02 CDT 2021

Sharing this message from the NTAA that may be of interest:

The National Tribal Air Association (NTAA) invites Tribes to
participate in a Baseline Needs Assessment of Tribal air quality
needs, issues and priorities.

A NOTE FROM NTAA CHAIRWOMAN CAROL KRIEBS:

On behalf of the NTAA’s Executive Committee and staff, we thank all
Tribes in advance for completing this Baseline Needs Assessment. Thank
you for taking time out of your busy day to contribute to NTAA’s
collective knowledge and information needed to fund Tribes’ unmet
needs to advance Tribal Air Quality Programs. Your BNA results will be
made public and you can request a copy of your answers. NTAA will be
providing the BNA results so that Tribes and members of the public can
better understand the unmet needs for all 573 federally recognized
Tribes and many other Tribal communities who work hard to bring clean
air for all and the future generations. Finally, we wish to express
our gratitude to the Partnership for Air Matters for their
professionalism and care with NTAA’s Executive Committee to release
this BNA today!

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

   *   /WHAT’S THE PURPOSE OF THE SURVEY? /The information you provide
will enable NTAA to _comprehensively describe Tribal ambient and
indoor air quality needs_. This information will then be used to
identify the range of Tribal air quality needs and priorities and
build Tribal air quality management capacity.
   *   /IS IT VOLUNTARY? /Yes! Your participation in this survey
is _voluntary_ and you are free to decline to answer any question you
do not wish to answer.
   *   /HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE? /The survey will take between 15 – 20
minutes to complete.
   *   /IS THERE AN INCENTIVE? /Actually yes! The _first 50
respondents to submit a completed survey will receive a $10 Starbucks
or $10 Amazon __​__gift card_. (/This is made possible through the
donation of an NTAA non-profit partner, not federal funds/.)
   *   /WHAT IF MY INTERNET IS CONNECTION IS POOR? /We are _happy to
conduct the survey with you by telephone_. If you would like to take
the survey by phone, please email Sydney Janssen
at sjanssen at thhnw.org to set up a time, or call 800-717-2118, Ext. 105
   *   /WHAT IF I AM NOT FAMILIAR TO AIR QUALITY? /If you would like
to familiarize yourself with air quality funding sources and concepts
mentioned in the survey, please review the glossary PDF[1].
   *   /WHEN DOES THE SURVEY CLOSE? /The survey closes on FRIDAY,
OCTOBER 29TH AT 5:00PM PST.

TO BEGIN THE SURVEY, CLICK HERE[2].

/(If the link does not automatically open, please cut and paste this
link into your
browser: //https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6420470/NTAA-Baseline-Needs-Assessment//)/

FOR A MICROSOFT WORD VERSION OF THE SURVEY, click here[3].
Upon completing the survey, ‘save as’ and change the document name as
*YOUR_NAME_BNA* and email it to: sjanssen at thhnw.org. If you have any
question or difficulty completing this form, please email Sydney.

CONTACT - If you have questions about the survey, please contact
Sydney Janssen, Survey Coordinator, at sjanssen at thhnw.org or at
1-800-717-2118, Ext.105.  If you have any questions about how your
Bessler at andy.bessler at nau.edu.

Learn more about the National Tribal Air Association[4]
Founded in 2002, NTAA works with all Tribes to advance air quality
management policies and programs, consistent with the needs,
interests, and unique legal status of American Indian Tribes and
Alaska Natives.

PCA ADDENDUM:
Learn more about Air Quality & Native Plants:
Mid-America Regional Council's Clean air & native plants[5]
Environmental Protection Agency's Landscaping with native plants[6]

Links:
------
[1]
https://secureservercdn.net/198.71.233.206/7vv.611.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Glossary-of-Terms-for-NTAA-BNA-Survey.pdf