[PCA] WEBINAR: Wetlands and Pollinators; TODAY; 2pm ET

Park, Margaret E margaret_park at fws.gov
Wed Mar 31 10:25:47 CDT 2021

Webinar date/time: March 31; 2-3:30pm ET

Duration: 1.5 hour

What will you learn?
Join the conversation as we discuss how wetlands can support pollinators, how to select native plants for pollinators on wetlands, common pollinator groups, and to see examples of successful restoration projects that incorporated pollinator habitat. Wetlands are vital--recognized for their importance in protecting water quality, enhancing agricultural production, strengthening community health, and providing wildlife habitat. This webinar highlights how wetland protection and restoration can also support pollinator and other beneficial insect conservation. We will discuss the habitat needs of pollinators, the critical role native plants play in wetland communities, and how to determine which plant species are appropriate for your region to enhance biodiversity and improve wildlife habitat. We will broadly review the use of Farm Bill programs to restore or preserve wetlands that can also create pollinator habitat and highlight successful, pollinator-friendly USDA projects on wetlands

Presenters:

  *   Presenter: Sarah Nizzi, BS, Farm Bill Pollinator Conservation Planner, Xerces Society and NRCS Partner Biologist, Iowa
  *   Presenter: Rae Powers, MS, Farm Bill Pollinator Conservation Planner, Xerces Society and NRCS Partner Biologist, Lincoln, Nebraska, providing support across Nebraska and South Dakota
  *   Moderator: Mace Vaughan, Xerces Society and NRCS WNTSC, Portland, OR

No pre-registration required.

**NOTE: This webinar will be recorded and on the Webinar Portal for on-demand viewing within a week.

If you have not participated in one of our Adobe Connect webinar sessions before, see website below for assistance connecting to or setting up Adobe Connect.

Details:
More info<http://conservationwebinars.net/webinars/wetlands-and-pollinators-how-water-quality-can-benefit-pollinators?sr=wp~mkt-dayOf>
FAQ<http://conservationwebinars.net/faq#firstTime>
For further assistance, please email contact at sref.info.