[PCA] Webinar, Thursday March 25, 7 pm - Wildfire Moneyball

Michel Wiman michelw at appliedeco.org
Fri Mar 19 13:20:43 CDT 2021

Register today for next Thursday's webinar: Wildfire Moneyball: Can risk
analytics facilitate adaptation to our 21st century wildfire reality? by
Dr. Chris Dunn of Oregon State University, hosted by the Institute for
Applied Ecology.
The year 2020 was exceptional for many reasons, and hindsight will clarify
this in the coming years. For some, 2020 will be remembered as the year of
wildfire, and hopefully the year we embraced a different relationship with
fire. Join us for a presentation describing the historical context of the
human-fire relationship and a vision for adapting ourselves to a future
with more fire. A vision grounded in analytics, and integrated with expert
judgement, as we look for ways to learn to live with wildfire.
This webinar is part of IAE's Stories from the Field webinar series. You
must first register to receive the Zoom link:
https://zoom.us/.../tJAkc-uoqj8uEtJky4QQbD0TihzNhQ5X3rgY
<https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAkc-uoqj8uEtJky4QQbD0TihzNhQ5X3rgY?fbclid=IwAR2iaASpuiu7HYs7qiTv8xQ-zQtKbldL6CF8z9HoibPcc4iwNhKMb8zTPi0>
'See' you there for this important discussion.

Michel Wiman, M.S. (she/her/hers <https://www.mypronouns.org>)
Communications and Fundraising Coordinator
Institute for Applied Ecology
563 SW Jefferson Ave, Corvallis OR 97333
*541-753-3099 ext <(541)%20753-3099>701*
www.appliedeco.org
Follow our work on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/Applied.Ecology> &
Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/applied_ecology/>