[PCA] Opinion Article: I Will Not Rest Until This Garden Grows

Park, Margaret E margaret_park at fws.gov
Thu Mar 4 13:50:12 CST 2021

Margaret Renkl, NY Times, February 26, 2021

Excerpt: I grieve what is happening to the natural world, and I understand perfectly well that my own efforts to help are far from enough. But when I watch a bluebird introducing his mate to the nest box I’ve installed for them, it’s impossible to give up. When the tiny hummingbirds make it back from far across the Gulf of Mexico, it’s impossible to give up.  And a seedling muscling through the soil, carrying its old, sleeping self into the light, never fails to give me hope. It never, never, never, never fails.

Link to article: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/26/opinion/winter-gardening-wildlife.html